Your privacy matters to DocBis, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions email us at email@example.com.
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
1. Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a DocBis Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email, home address or telephone number.
2. Information you give us for your use of our services. We may collect about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you link to a medical care provider, you book an appointment or you send a message. This information includes:
• Service related information
The information you provide us when configuring your profile like name and photo may be shared with other DocBis users. As a service provider, your searchable profile information like name, photo and specialty may become public to other DocBis users for search purposes so they can subscribe to your services. This information is collected so we can provide you with better services.
• Location information
When you use a location-enabled DocBis service, we may process the information in order to present you with the desired point of interest like better search results on the nearby facilities or service providers you may be interested to subscribe to.
• Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device to help you access your information when offline.
3. How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and protect DocBis and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content to inform you about related services like giving you more relevant search results and notifications.
We may use the name you provide for your DocBis Profile across all of the services we offer that require a DocBis Account. If other users, particularly service providers already have your email, or other personal information that identifies you, we show them your DocBis Profile information, such as your name and photo. As this information is required to better serve you.
When you contact DocBis, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
DocBis processes personal information on our servers in Canada. Therefore, we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- • What information we collect and why we collect it.
- • How we use that information.
- • The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you use our services, your network of service providers privately views your information. Our services provide you with different options on maintaining and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of DocBis unless one of the following circumstances applies:
1. With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of DocBis when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
2. For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of DocBis if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- • Review and control certain types of information tied to your DocBis Account by using DocBis Profile.
- • Control who you share information with when you manage your subscriptions.
- • Remove information from our services.
We work hard to protect DocBis and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- • Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- • Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- • Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- • Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DocBis, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- • We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- • We encrypt your access to DocBis Account.
- • We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- • We restrict access to personal information to DocBis employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.